It is easy to understand the concerns many of our patients have about Coronavirus. Although the chances of catching the virus is currently low both the mortality and morbidity are significant for some. I and the staff at my clinic take the responsibility to protect your health seriously. With this in mind, we have instituted the following measures:
1. Any staff who are feeling unwell or showing symptoms will be asked not to come to work
2. We will regularly clean door handles and shared surfaces with a powerful virucidal (Thoclor/Clinisept) during the day and after the surgery closes.
3. You will be offered virucidal handwash when you arrive in the surgery.
4. We will endeavour to be on time and try to limit each waiting area to one person to minimise contact. We are also looking at elongating appointment length to reduce contact between patients.
5. Any patients who feel unwell or are displaying symptoms are advised not to attend surgery, but to talk to one of the staff for further advice.
6. Any patients who have recently returned from Italy or other suspect areas are asked to rebook at least 14 days after return.
7. Those patients who require a repeat of their creams or prescriptions can contact us by phone to arrange delivery direct to your home via a new service arranged by our pharmacy partner.
8. Many of our patients are concerned about their skin and would like a consultation and treatment but are concerned about attending the surgery. We would be happy to consult remotely on FaceTime or similar. Please let the reception know if this is something you would wish to take advantage of so we can book a remote consultation. Any prescription products can be delivered directly to your home or place of work.
If you have any other concerns please do not hesitate to contact the clinic for further advice, or contact your local Public Health resource on https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Dr Paul Cronin
P.S. Please feel free to call the girls on our freephone number 0800 999 1009 if you would like further clarification of these points.NHS advice about coronavirus (COVID-19), including what the risk in the UK is, what the symptoms are and how to reduce your chances of getting it.